Monday, October 31, 2011

Wowsers

Its been a crazy month.
Kyle is one of the adobe guys for Nike, and with that comes the fun opportunity to go to AdobeMAX in LA. Its Adobe's big conference of the year where it has classes and shows off all the products new tricks.  Kyle went last year and got to go this year too. With Kyle's trip to Amsterdam this summer, he had a mess of frequent flier points waiting to be used, and the hotel he stays at is double occupancy whether there are two people there or one. So my darling husband got the grand idea of taking me with him. My sister Lori has won the "ALL TIME BEST SISTER OF THE YEAR AWARD." She brought her two kids down and watched my kids so that I could go spend four days in LA. We flew out Sunday morning and landed at lunch time in LA. The conference didn't start till sunday night so we had some time to just hang out and enjoy the hotel. We got to stay at the Westin Bonaventure in the heart of downtown LA.  Sunday night we had planned to meet up with a friend from our Gaming site. They were coming up to DT and we were going to walk to get them. (We had a rental car, but they have Valet only parking and I was intimidated lol) We start walking down the street and I see a SWAT truck. I kind of giggled to myself about getting to see the "real LA" and then I took a closer look. It was a GOTHAM CITY swat truck! SQUEEEEEEEEEE! Walk down the street a bit further and we see Gotham City police, a gotham city bus, and when we walked back to our hotel there was some Gotham city something something on the side of our hotel. So that was a bit of fun. We did end up meeting our friend, but we had to walk down to Nokia live because our entire little section of downtown LA was shut down for filming.

Monday I drove out to the valley and met my friend Sheri for lunch. We have known each other on the internet for 6 years and I count her a good friend. However this was the first time we met face to face lol. I was quite proud of myself for driving all the way out there on my own and not getting lost or crying when trying to park on Ventura blvd.
I would also like to give mad props to the internet at this point. I have never stayed somewhere with mandatory valet parking, so I really had no clue how that whole thing worked with the tipping and such. Thankfully the internet informed me so I didn't have to feel like an idiot.
Monday night was the big social at AdobeMAX where all the vendors have their booths showing off their products that work with/for/along side of Adobe products. It was fun to see what the industry was cranking out.

Tuesday I was a slob and did NOTHING. It was glorious. I found a convenience mart and bought some donuts, a soda, and a cheesy book and read ALL.DAY.LONG. Perfect day for Becky.
Tuesday night was the MaxBash. Kyle got me a social pass so I could go. Can I just say that Adobe really knows how to throw a party! Best of all the party ended with the band Weezer playing.  We were probably 15 feet from the stage.

Wednesday was really tame. I slept in, read some more and then checked out of the hotel at Noon and hung out at the convention center for a couple of hours until Kyle got done with his final class and then we headed off to the airport to fly home.

It was such a nice vacation for me. I really needed some recouping time and it did wonderful things for Kyle and my relationship. Nothing was bad before hand, but there is something about spending time together sans kids that really helps things be happy.

Another huge thanks to my parents for helping with the kids on sunday, Lori for watching the kids all week, and my friend Jeni for watching the kids wednesday night so lori could go to bed in her own bed wednesday night.








No comments: